Although flowery, we should not be blinded by love. It was precisely at the beginning of the courtship, here, it was really obligatory to dig up as much information as possible about the couple. Is the direction or purpose of her having the same relationship as we want — not just busy getting along with her, huh. One that is no less important is the financial problem of a partner. Know for yourself, right, money is often cited as one of the factors that trigger conflict in relationships. What should be considered before marriage? The following five are:
1. Check the partner’s financial condition
It’s not matre, yes, but we really need to know how he managed his finances. Everywhere you are still using facilities from his parents – including cars to credit cards – most likely he is the type of man who is not independent.
2. Wedding party
We and the couple must think about how the wedding will be held. Does the joint venture use our savings and partners, or still receive donations from parents? We recommend that you use personal funds and a degree of reception according to the budget available. Why is it stuck in debt just for ‘one day luxury’? Our lives are still a long couple!
3. Agreement after marriage
Be open from the beginning to the couple how we manage finances all this time. If you are still helping your parents, say this so as not to backfire later. Start sharing responsibility for taking care of our family (new ones) with your partner.
4. Allocate income
After a family, it is recommended to allocate income for consumption 50% of income, the remaining 50% for savings, protection and investment. If you feel you have not been able to set aside savings and investment, you can also choose the proportion of 70% consumption and the remaining 30% for savings, protection and investment.
5. Children’s needs
Of course in the future we and couples plan to have children. This also needs to be considered again because the need is not limited to the cost of controlling pregnancy and childbirth, but there are still immunization, sickness, education, and family holidays. Happy counting! (f)